Saturday, April 19, 2014
This is a very happy sight! The entire first floor of my LEGO shopping mall, fully populated, 99% covered with smooth tiles to hold the second floor, and all in its proper place on my layout!
As of this writing, three of the upstairs destinations are complete and a fourth is being started.
(And no, no train station! Everybody wants to see a train station in my mall. Not gonna happen! It would waste a tremendous amount of space and obliterate half of my plans!)
Friday, April 18, 2014
This evening I spent about, oh, $1,100 US on vintage LEGO sets on eBay & Bricklink; mostly classic space, some town stuff. There are some definite keepers in there. Anyone care to put up some specific set guesses?
Old set! New set! Package from a well-known service! Package from a brand new service! Five new videos today!
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Another eclectic mix of new content for y'all this evening, including one o the coolest classic LEGO space sets I've reviewed yet!
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Here are a couple more vintage set reviews for nostalgia!
- LEGO Classic Space 487 / 924 Space Transporter from 1979!
- LEGO classic 6384 Police Station from 1983!
Since I now have the trifecta of original LEGO space ships, I went ahead and did a casual side-by-side comparison between them as well:
This is the other side of the lower floor of my faux-Sears shop, the faux-Craftsman tools department! Sorry I couldn't get a better angle on the photograph without spoiling future updates that were already complete by this time :)
Is this the first time I've shown my new escalator design? This was the prototype, and faux-Macy's at the other end of the mall got a copy of it. It's 1/3rd brick wider than my original design, but looks much better and integrates with surroundings & the 2nd floor much more elegantly.
Sunday, April 13, 2014
If you don't like classic LEGO space-themed sets, look away right now! This is the largest batch of review videos I've ever processed in a single day. Most of these are on the small to medium-small side, and they're all from the late-70s & early 80s, the original series with solid-color astronaut suits. I hope this is a valuable contribution to the preservation of the history of these great sets!
- LEGO Classic Space 6881 Lunar Rocket Launcher reviewed! 1984 set
- LEGO Classic Space 886 Space Buggy review! 1979 set
- LEGO Classic Space 6801 Moon Buggy review! 1981 set
- LEGO Classic Space 6804 Surface Rover review! 1984 set
- LEGO Classic Space 6826 Crater Crawler review! 1985 set
- LEGO Classic Space 6841 Mineral Detector review! 1980 set
- LEGO Classic Space 6842 Small Space Shuttle Craft! 1981 set
- LEGO Classic Space 6846 Tri Star Voyager reviewed! 1984 set
- LEGO Classic Space 6861 X1 Patrol Craft! from 1980
- LEGO Classic Space 6870 Space Probe Launcher! 1981 set
- LEGO Classic Space 6880 Surface Explorer! 1982 set
- LEGO Classic Space 6890 Cosmic Cruiser! 1982 set
Still more to come!
Saturday, April 12, 2014
Friday, April 11, 2014
I've done so many classic set reviews over the past month (and have so many more on the way) and on every day of the week that I've temporarily suspended the idea of "Flashback Friday," but I still like to make Friday extra special to celebrate the approach of the weekend. Today I've put up some more old sets and also put my second and third LEGO layouts on video for the first time!
- A look at my *second* LEGO city! Apr. 11, 2014
- My LEGO Classic Space layout! Apr. 11, 2014
- LEGO classic Town 381 / 588 Police Headquarters from 1978!
- Mega Bloks Halo 96853 ODST Covenant Invasion set review!
- Mega Bloks Halo Scorpion comparison: 2009 vs. 2011
Watch for still more videos to be released over the weekend!