Effectively immediately, my LEGO large action figure videos will follow the same format as all of my other reviews, with no extra parts & building segments in the beginning. Below I've attempted to anticipate and answer the questions this will surely prompt.
- Why the change?
- Time. Just time. The previous style required a significantly increased amount of work to produce.
- Why are you no longer willing to spend the extra time for a more entertaining video?
- I need more time to work on custom builds for my city layout, which more viewers actively ask for than anything else.
- Bionicle as a theme has not made a significant comeback with the reboot; its popularity is very low, and shrinking. It is not sensible for me to put more time into this theme than others when it's such a small niche.
- I realized and accepted that I was dreading making new Bionicle reviews, because of the excessive time required, not to mention many inconveniences of building in the studio.
- I will not. I've observed the Bionicle fan community and general viewer responses to new products since the reboot began, and I am 100% confident in my decision. It is not up for debate or subject to reversal under any circumstances whatsoever (read: don't bother trying).
- I may do some more eventually, but again, brick-based stuff for my city must maintain the highest priority possible.
- I have not :) However, my progression back to the core brick-based building world has been very natural and deliberate, taking over three years. It feels right to me. This is what I want and need to do.
To the small, but very engaged Bionicle fanbase that enjoyed the extra elements that made my reviews stand out, I do sincerely apologize. This is a compromise, and it is a loss in a way, but overall it is for the better for me and my channel on the whole.