In February when I was going crazy revamping & ultimately completely redesigning my elevated rail train, I seem to have missed an update for all of you! It was shown in my last full city walk-through, but never by itself in close detail. Consider that problem corrected!
This is now a fully 4-stud-wide, working Power Functions IR RC train with no modified parts, running on a combination of "Indiana Jones" turns sections and built-up 4-wide narrow gauge straight rail. The cars are as follows:
- "Forward" cab has no electronics, seats a driver & 3 passengers.
- Next is the motive / engine section with a Power Functions S motor mounted vertically on a custom dual drive axle setup. I did cheat here with the inclusion of a small piece of lead for extra ballast.
- The center car has the PF IR receiver & routes its cable through the roof.
- Next up is a rechargeable lithium PF battery box.
- The last car in line is identical to the first!