However, thanks to the many folks who simultaneously linked me to various sources today, I've seen 'em, and I can't unsee 'em, so I'll go ahead and give a very casual written overview of what I saw. I will not cover every detail as I'm sure everyone reading this either has seen or will see the illegal photos somewhere...
The theme is a jailbreak. Instead of going out & catching criminals & villains this time, our LEGO Hero Factory heroes will be re-capturing at least one main dude and his henchmen. There was clearly a mandate & memo at TLG to reduce complexity of the Hero Factory series this time around and reuse more molds. One especially notable exception is a new armor piece that is very round and uses the two-peg attachment system to add on to other armor, creating large knee or shoulder guards.
- There are only five heroes in this series, Breez, Furno, Rocka, Surge, and Evo, the latter two having fewer parts and coming in a smaller canister.
- All heroes now use white hero cores, with yet another new mold (and possible 2-peg attachment?).
- Body armor has been reduced to one single piece with abdominal muscle detail and a rounded upper section with a unique print for each hero. The mold is the same one being used for the Super Heroes line.
- All heroes now finally have handcuffs (I've been waiting for these!).
- Each hero has a sphere launcher consisting of one half of an old thornax launcher plus one new piece that looks somewhat like a thinned down version of the large top plate from Mistika Toa Onua's weapon.
- Breez, Furno, and Surge all use their original 1.0 helmets, which means...
- Return of Agori/Glatorian heads! At last, the circle is complete.
- Rocka remains the front-runner of the series. His helmet looked like a Star Wars Imperial Darktrooper (SW Galaxy edition) but with an eyepiece. He bites off Furno 3.0's style with a bow weapon. He has extra arrows on an ammo belt sort of thing -- same piece that's hooked up to Super Heroes Iron Man's gun.
- Evo's helmet integrates his 2.0 visor side pieces into a single mold that made him look like a high-ranking samurai commander. He looked to be the least intricate of the two smaller characters.
- Surge looked like he gets his 1.0 weapon back and some Breez Green versions of his 2.0 forearms.
- Furno had all sorts of stuff going on. Big turbines coming off his shoulders, two large hoses wrapping vertically around him from mid-torso up to the level of his head, spike weapon on his launcher. Kinda looked like he had some combiner style going on.
- Breez is back, with 1.0 feet! I think she actually had three of 'em -- one used on her back, I just saw a hint. She had ironically bulky shoulders, a nice tall double-bladed weapon and a small flat shield made of random hex shapes. Oh, and rockets. On her lower legs. Tiny ones.
- Five Hero Factory heroes now match up against five villains. Lego has evened the odds, sort of? Kind of? Heheh.
- Black Phantom is the new leader. He is essentially Fire Lord (twin horns & all, though corrupted Quaza spikes this time) with even less armor. Yes, less, or so it appeared to my eyes. Chew on that, with molar grinds of anger and disappointment.
- Thornraxx didn't look like a Thornax at all. Heh. His face looked like Stringer 1.0's helmet merged with a Toa Inika foot. With a sphere launcher sticking out. He has a pair of Gorast wings. Coolest thing about this guy? He had some turquoise ball & socket pieces! Also, like Waspix, there are lots of Thornraxxes. Thornraxxi?
- Splitface is the new Thunder. 'Nuff said, I think. He's just gunmetal on one side, red on the other. Could be inspired by an old Nigerian folk tale about a Loki-like "trickster" deity.
- Jawblade is JawS inspired, name-wise at least. He's a shark, with a tail, and a Skirmix-style lower jaw, and a frickin' laser beam on his... back. Well maybe it's not a laser, but some sort of red (spike) shooter thingy. Oh, and though he's a shark, he has human-style arms & hands, and uses Furno 1.0 weapons. So weird.
- Toxic Reapa looked like a neon green & black merger between Toa Mata Kopaka and Corroder. I think that pretty much covers it. He got I think four 3L translucent neon green armor pieces and a pair of green & yellow flame accessories that attach with the 2-peg system.
PS: Furno (jet turbines work underwater?) vs. Jawblade, Breez vs. Thornraxx, Evo vs. Splitface, Surge vs. Toxic Reapa, Rocka vs. Black Phantom? Did I get that right?
PPS: And I cannot and will not publish any links to any copies of the illegal, stolen photos as they are illegal and stolen and LEGO will rightfully take legal action.